Quartz Sand is produced out of quartz rocks and it consists mostly of SiO₂ (Silicon Dioxide). It is crystalline in nature.
Hardness: 7 mohs
Roundness: 0.71 – 0.8
Melting Point: 1610ºC
Specific Gravity: 2.63 – 2.66
GENERAL APPLICATIONS/ USES
- Glass industry — glass is made from liquid sand rich in silicon dioxide.
- Construction industry — ready mix concrete, plaster, concrete repair products etc.
- Paint industry — textured finish for walls and ceilings, nonslip floor surfaces.
- Sports fields — golf courses, football fields, equestrian arenas etc.
- GRP and GRC
- Water filtration – as filtration media
- Metal Casting