Dolomite is Calcium Magnesium Carbonate. It is harder and denser than calcite, and slightly more acid resistant.
Colour: White/ Off-white
Hardness: 3.5 – 4.0 Mohs
Specific Gravity: 2.85
GENERAL APPLICATIONS/ USES
- As aggregate in concrete and asphalt,
- Acid neutralization in the chemical industry in steam restoration projects and as a soil conditioner.
- Source of magnesia, a feed additive for livestock.
- Sintering agent and flux in metal processing
- Production of glass, and ceramics.
- In Construction Chemical industry for manufacture of plaster, floors creed, concrete repair products, grout etc.
- 3 – 0.8 mm
- 5 – 1.0 mm
- 0.6 – 1.7 mm